28 July 2010

Houlihan's Salsa Cruda Bruschetta

Rating: 9

Some folks from Houlihan's stopped by the camp I work at this afternoon to drop off food and coupons for the staff. How nice! (Of course, they were soliciting- but who doesn't like free food, especially after an entire day of working outside?!)

The bruschetta is made with perfectly seasoned chopped tomatoes atop an herb cream cheese spread. I tend to find bruschetta too garlicky, but the seasonings on this were not too overpowering, and the tomato flavor was very prominent. The herb cream cheese added a nice, fresh touch and also prevented the bread from getting too soggy. Fresh, soft italian bread completed this wonderful bite. My only complaint would be that the end pieces had a lot less topping than the middle- but, it still tasted delicious! I would be sure to order this the next time I go to Houlihan's.

No comments:

Post a Comment