31 October 2010

Jergens Overnight Repair nightly restoring moisturizer

Rating:  4

I was lucky enough to receive a sample of Jergens Overnight Repair (as well as Jergens Ultra Healing, which I will review separately) lotions from Viewpoints.

In general, I am not a big lotion fan, but with the dry air of the winter months creeping in, I thought I'd try to find a lotion to keep my skin from drying out and cracking like it usually does.  Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the Jergens Overnight Repair lotion, and it will definitely not be what I buy in the coming months.

I found the lotion to be very sticky, and even after sitting for a while to (theoretically) allow the lotion to dry, it didn't.  Instead of being absorbed into the skin to create a lasting moisturizing feeling, the lotion simply rested on top.  I did not feel like this lotion was doing its job of repairing my damaged skin, as advertised.  In my opinion, lotion should not have a noticeable feel after putting it on- it should just do its job.  The fact that this lotion still felt sticky on my legs the morning after I applied it really turns me away from purchasing it.

The Jergens Overnight Repair lotion did have a nice, relaxing floral scent, but that did not make up for the overall negative impression I had with this product.  I would much rather use an unscented lotion with a clean feel than a nicely-scented lotion that is sticky.

1 comment: